Robintek Featured Product of the Month:
Creating a strong brand and identity for your business allows you to consistently and clearly communicate and build your reputation with your clients. There are many aspects to a strong brand design including logo design, branding guides, and design consistency in all your business’ marketing materials. Robintek can help you develop your brand and identity design.
Robintek Featured Project of the Month:
We have helped GODofGAM3Z launch a fantastic idea for matching casual and competitive gamers to meet, play, and share their experiences!
- Google+ started as a social network, but never gained the traction they were looking for to compete with the likes of Facebook. They kept the elements that were successful, like Photos, Communities, and Collections. Google+ Local was the place where Google displayed local business data, but have decided that is no longer the appropriate place for that information.
- The change will not affect SEO or the ability to attract new customers from Google. They will continue to display local business data in both normal search results and in map results, in fact, the map results now contain more information than ever about local businesses, which is a good thing.
- The Google My Business dashboard is not changing, as a business owner, you will still update any information about your business there. Data from there will show up in Google Search, Maps, and mobile search.
- 97% of consumers use the internet when researching local products/services (Source: BIA/Kelsey)
- 43% of consumers search every month for a local business (Source: BrightLocal Local Consumer Review Survey, 2015)
- The number one reason for an online search is to find the location of a ‘known’ business (Source: comScore, Neustar Localeze, 15 Miles – Local Search Study, 2014)
- 78% of mobile searches for local businesses result in a purchase (Source: Local Search Association Conference, 2014)
- Local Search delivers better ROI than all other online channels (Source: BrightLocal Clicks & Calls Survey, 2015)
- 34% of SEOs/SMBs would choose Local search above any other marketing channel (Source: BrightLocal Clicks & Calls Survey, 2015)
Mobile responsiveness is one of the biggest hot-button topics in digital marketing in 2015 as we head into 2016, and that was only strengthened by Google’s algorithm change in April of this year, putting a premium on mobile-friendliness of websites as one of the more important parameters for good search ranking.
Custom Holiday Cards and Christmas Photography
With the holiday season fast approaching, now is the time to think about correspondence and photography with a more wintery feel. Robintek is happy to help in this arena! Whether it is designing custom holiday cards in print or digital format, or taking photos of your staff on “Ugly Christmas Sweater Day,” consider us your one-stop shop for any and all of these things.
Also, think about the photos on your website. We can adapt your homepage to have more of a holiday or winter feel, with pictures containing holiday lights or snow, whatever your preference, Robintek can make it happen. Let us know how we can be of service!
AlaskOmega Website Launch
We launched the AlaskOmega site this past month, let us know how we can make your website as beautiful!
About this Client
“Organic Technologies is the producer of MSC-certified AlaskOmega® omega-3 concentrates and natural fish oil products. We start with wild-caught Alaska Pollock oil from the cold, pure waters of Alaska’s Bering Sea, which is then further refined and concentrated in our family owned and operated NSF-certified GMP facility in Ohio.”
Industry News: SEO
You Keep Saying SEO – What Does That Mean?
SEO is a hot term in the marketing world today, and it seems like it’s one of those things you need, even if you aren’t exactly sure why. In the digital marketing realm, SEO is the cornerstone to any good strategy for businesses of all shapes and sizes.
First things first, what does it stand for? SEO is search engine optimization. We can almost hear you saying to yourself, “great, I’m still not sure what that means.” Search engine optimization is the practice of ensuring that a website can be found on search engines, by “baking in” relevant words and phrases for your business, as well as generating new content for the site (blog, updated FAQs) and having links to your company social media channels.
Why is this important? If you’ve put forth the effort to have a great looking website, the objective is to have as many eyeballs see it as possible, and for that to happen, the effort to make it optimized for Google (and Bing, Yahoo, etc.) needs as much attention and care as the aesthetics of your website itself. It doesn’t stop there though, as there are directories out there everywhere (YP.com, WhitePages, CitySearch, etc.) can list your business under specific categories, and having accurate name, address, phone number, and URL information (NAPU) is very important.
Google is the Goliath of the search engine realm, so any SEO efforts need to be made with them in mind first. What does Google want to see in order for your site to come up as highly as possible? Things like the title of the webpage, the meta description, and the headers need to be “keyword-rich” with the most relevant terms that users will type into a search engine to find your type of business. For example, if you have an antique shop, terms like “antique” and “vintage” should appear frequently.
Going beyond the keywords and phrases that will help your website get found, it’s not enough to just do those things once and leave it be. Google rewards sites that are constantly generating new content, whether that is in the form of a blog, or updating a frequently asked questions page, or even frequent posts to your social media channels. Reviews are ever increasing in popularity and importance to search engines. Google business pages now prominently display star ratings based on the reviews they’ve received.
As if that is not enough, Google also looks favorably on websites that are responsive to mobile devices, meaning they will shrink and reshape themselves on the screen of a phone or tablet, without sacrificing the integrity of the site and its content (not to mention, making sure you can still read it!)
- 97% of consumers now search for local businesses online
- 78% of small businesses get at least a quarter of their new customers via social media
- 75% of users do not scroll past the first page of search results
- Over 82% of internet users use search
Robintek has the expertise to help with all these things, from redesigning your website to be sure it is properly optimized to feeding your business’ accurate NAPU info to over 75 directories in one fell swoop. The process might seem overwhelming, so let us know how we can be of service to you!
Merry Christmas from the Robintek team! For your enjoyment check out this Christmas video from years past. Click here to watch all of our Christmas Videos. Enjoy!
Merry Christmas from the Robintek team! Watch our latest holiday video below to hear our take on the holiday classic Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. Click here to watch all of our Christmas Videos from years past.